Sunday, September 19, 2010
Please update your blogroll and come over to check me out in my new home!!!
See you there, Thanks
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Please update your blogroll and come over to check me out in my new home!!!
See you there
Friday, July 9, 2010
I have alot going on in my life with the kids, hubby, house, taking care of my grandson 4 days a week. As if all that isn't enough, I now am the President of Thomas' elementary school's PTO, so there is alot to do for that before school even starts. Nicholas is going to be a Senior in High School this year and just thinking about all that is going to need to be done, exhausts me.
This summer is going pretty well so far, it's been hot so we've been in the pool alot. We've seen a couple movies, had a couple parties and some relaxing.
Nicholas is working on taking a Pre Calculus and Trigonometry online class, playing some shows with his band and hanging out with his friends.
Thomas is lovin' being lazy and looking forward to our vacation to the Poconos in August. I need to get him on a reading schedule and have him work on his division facts. I feel so bad doing that to him, but he really needs to keep his brain working.
I've got some projects coming up, which I'm excited about being a part of. Those will lead to some posts, so that's even better. I feel like I am getting my "Bloggin Groove" back and hopefully it's here to stay. Now, I gotta finish this post, work on some others and get back into reading and commenting on yours.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Monday, June 14, 2010
Here we are the first day of summer vacation and looking at myself , I'm not ready to face the bathing suit. I really wish I had a will power pill... I know what I am supposed to do and eat but just don't have the will power to actually do it and stick to it.
So I'm going to try to get back in the game with my girls, support them and get the support (or should I say "kick-in-the-ass") that I need.
My goals for now are going to be:
- drinking water
- getting outside to exercise (either much needed yard work, exercise in the pool, going for a walk with my son and grandson)
- eating way more fresh fruits and veggies (which means going to the farmer's market every week in town)
Love you all..
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Monday, May 24, 2010
I have not been good AT ALL with any sort of healthy eating or exercise. I really want to get back on the wagon and start all over again. I HAVE TO!
I'm not going to write some long post full of excuses about how stressed out I've been with family drama. "Been There...Done That" It is what it is... right? Moving on....
The summer is an easier time for me to eat healthy and get in exercise, so I am hoping to do better this time around. *fingers crossed*
I have a busy week full of meetings, kindergarten screenings at the school and alot of PTO stuff to work on. Tomorrow night there will be no time to cook so I plan on getting us all Subway sandwiches for dinner. It's just as easy as drive thru but a much healthier choice for all of us. I might even venture out and try something new. The new Orchard Chicken Salad looks pretty awesome.
Hopefully I will get home from my meeting in time to make it to the show.
Have a great week everyone
luv ya all
Sunday, May 23, 2010
For the last 3 weeks Thomas has been taking Karate classes at his school on a trial basis. Yesterday was graduation at the Karate Studio. He was so very proud to earn his white belt and diploma. Of course he wanted to continue taking lessons, so we signed him up for the summer session. With that he received his uniform and doesn't he look too cute in it?
He couldn't wait to put it on to practice his "moves".
These are the moments I want to stop and cherish.... my little man is growing up and before I know it he'll be talking about going to college. :(
Have a great Sunday
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Here we go.....
- Get this freaking weight off, once and for all.... I probably have almost 100lbs to lose. Honestly I would be happy 75lbs or what ever weight would make me a normal size 14. I want OUT of the plus sizes in the worst way.
- Get out of debt! This is a big one too. I might even do a whole post on my debt and financial situation. I have a Dave Ramsey book and think his philosophy will work for me. The other thing that goes along with this is being better with the way I spend my money.
- Get a tattoo, I know it's not a "life altering" one but I've been talking about it for a long time and just want to "go for it" why the hell not, right?
- Go back to school, I never went to college and man do I regret that now. Not sure what I want to go for. Everytime I think about this, it scares me to death. But the whole point of this list is to actually get over my fears and do it knowing it will better my life, not make it worse. (nothing at this point could make it worse.)
- Go back to work, not just work...a career. I will probably need to finish the school thing first. My husband is disabled and it's looking like he will never be able to go back to work. I need to get a job in order to have some sort of a retirement plan. I figure if I can get on that in the next year or so, I still would have a good 25yrs to build it up.
- Work on all my relationships, continue and possibly repair the ones that mean the most and forget about the ones that are toxic and no good for me. This would include my marriage, it's not at in a very good place right now. I need to either see if this will work for the long haul or if it's beyond repair. NOT EASY
- Get over myself, hahahaha this will be one of the hardest to do. I am not the center of anyone's universe but my own. I need to get that through my thick skull. I CANNOT help or fix anyone but myself. I am (but would never admit it before) a spoiled rotten, controlling bitch sometimes and need to NOT be that way anymore.
- Be the best mother to my children I can be. Teach them to be independent of me. I spoil them and do too much for them and that's not helping them or me.
- Do more fun things as a family. My oldest is going to be a senior in High School next year and then he'll be off to college. We need to make the most out of this time together.
- Be better organized, I used to be way better at this. I think it goes to show, when your life is a state of chaos so is your house.
- Get our own place, whether it's an apartment or a house, I really don't care. We NEED to get out of here. This living situation is one of those "toxic" things I talked about before.
That is all I can think of for now, I'm sure I have forgotten some stuff.
It's a start, and I can add to it as I go along....that's the good thing about it being my bucket list.
Friday, May 21, 2010
To say I've had some drama going on here is an understatement. I live in a never ending fucking soap opera without all the money, good looking people and big houses. I guess that would make what goes on here, more like an episode of Jerry Springer (not even kidding).
I am turning 40 in just 8 short days and this is sooo NOT where I want my life to be. I never really thought about what I wanted out of life, but I can tell you right now....it isn't THIS.
I didn't dream of having some awesome career. I always knew I wanted to be a Mom and never thought much past that.
I didn't think that my life would consist of having a disabled husband, living next door to my in-laws, dealing with a severe alcoholic brother-in-law, not having any contact with two out of three of my step-children (and now two step-grandchildren) and the one step-child and grandson I do have a relationship with, would be strained at the moment. Believe me when I tell you, I'm not even touching the tip of the iceberg that is my SUCK-ASS life.
I am grateful for my family, friends and two sons. Those are the people and relationships I'm going to focus 100% of my attention on now. It won't be easy considering the crazies all live next door and in the same town as me, but I have to TRY. (for my sanity)
I am going to make a "bucket list" of sorts.... it will consist of things I want and need to do.
Think I'll make that a separate post. (hey, I need all the help I can get lately)
Sunday, May 9, 2010
All I know is, I have the Best Mommy in the Whole Wide World!
(dang, now I really want one of those Chocolate Chip Cookie Cakes)
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
I don't know why... I don't have time for this. My list is literally a mile long and just keeps getting longer by the minute. If you want to make yourself a To Do Tuesday list to keep yourself accountable for all the crap you say you "need" to do for the week... then go check out Lisa at Crazy Adventures in Parenting. She is the creator of this cruel meme that makes me INSANE every week. LOL
I do want to add, I saw (but didn't have time to read yet) that Lisa had done a whole week of "A week in my life" series on her blog and have to say when I get my act together I would like to do something like that. Although, it will probably make me and all of you realize I should be locked up in a padded room somewhere.. but hell, it's a good week's worth of blog posts, right?
Well, now it is on to "The List" (ugh.. )
- Clean, Clean, Clean... this goes for everything in my house (ie. closets, floors, shower, pantry, frig, cabinets, laundry, rugs)
- Finish cleaning the deck furniture and repaint my wicker chairs
- Set up/decorate/clean up for Teacher Appreciation Week at school everyday.. (as the PTO we are providing breakfast items all week, plus on Wed. we are doing a big Cinco-de-Mayo luncheon for the teachers) should be fun..
- Bake sombrero cookies for Wed. (got the idea from FamilyFun.com)
- Pick up 60 Dunkin Donuts gift cards for all the teachers/staff
- Haircut for myself on Wed (holy crap, I'm in desperate need of one.. it is about a month overdue.. you don't even want to see my bang-situation)
- Karate for Thomas Tues and Thurs.. (plus , as a PTO officer I have to stay to make sure all kids are picked up..this was a fundraiser for us along with a Karate Studio here in town.) not sure how I got sucked into that one.
- Dinner list for the week... ( I really need to start cooking again, I have been sooo bad about feeding my kids CRAP lately)
- Clip coupons/do grocery store list
- Pay bills/do the May budget.. (yeah, yeah, yeah..I know it is already the 4th)
- Sign my son Nick up for Pre-Calculus class at the local Community College
Have a great week.
Monday, May 3, 2010
I do want to tell you guys, that I was so upset with some family drama on Friday that I just put on my sneakers and went for a very very long walk. *OUCH* can I tell you how much my shins STILL hurt!!??? I am so out of shape plus, walking that much while very emotional I wasn't even thinking about the pain. It felt good though, but I'm sure if I had a pair of Earth Footwear sneakers I would have burned a hell-of-alot more calories. *wink wink*
I only have 26 more days til my 40th birthday, so there is no way I will even be close to my original goal of losing 40lbs. I am not going to let that discourage me, don't get me wrong I'm very disappointed in myself. It was not an unrealistic goal back in January, but I can't dwell on that now. I weighed myself this morning and will use that as my new starting weight. So check me out next week and let's keep those fingers crossed that I can have a decent loss.
See you all tonight at the Mamavation Show on Mingle Media TV.
Love ya , Miss ya .... will try to make more time for my Sistas, I PROMISE!!
Saturday, April 24, 2010
I'm going to be taking a bit of a break, not that I've been some GREAT blogger or anything.
I have alot more on my plate then normal right now. I just want to officially call the "time out".
Need to focus more on myself, my family, my house, my finances etc........
I don't want to have that nagging thought in the back of my head "oh I really should throw a post up".
Of course I will still hang around Twitter and Facebook, but going to try to limit my time there also. (can't quit it cold turkey, that is just INSANE!)
See you soon...
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
(my old stomping grounds)
No, I didn't grow up on a farm, it is just a small little farm where we have always taken
my kids to see all the animals. Now Tyler has been introduced to our tradition.
Monday, April 19, 2010
I have been so stressed out with family bullshit that I haven't taken care of myself at all. I don't know how to NOT to "stress-eat". It really is the hardest thing I struggle with. I know what I should eat, how much to eat and when to and not to eat it. But when I get too overwhelmed with life, I have that "I don't give a shit" attitude and eat and drink what I want, when I want it.
I don't really need a pill to curb my appetite, I need one to stop my emotional appetite. Ugh, if any of you know of one, please let me know ASAP!
All I can do is keep trying and be grateful for the "good" days.
I will be having "All White Eggs" for breakfast everyday this week. I love them, to me they taste just like eggs. Sometimes I mix in 1 tablespoon of bacon pieces and a pinch of cheddar cheese. YUM YUM. I suggest you try them, you'll like it.
I did weigh myself this morning and I have gained 2lbs, I was surprised thought it was more.
See there is a silver lining!
See you all at the Mamavation Show tonight on Mingle Media Tv.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
I have 3 step children, and 3 step grandchildren. It's INSANE, I know...
My husband and I only have a relationship with his oldest son Jason who is 22yrs old and he has our 9 month old grandson Tyler.
I don't want to even get into it about the other two kids and grandkids, it's really way too complicated to write in a post.
Last week was a very stressful week for me (hence, not one post was written)
Jason got temporary custody of Tyler, so needless to say it's been all about the DRAMA DRAMA and more DRAMA. Tyler has been coming here during the day while Jason goes to work and looks like this will be the case for a while. My kids were on Spring Break, so that made it a little easier and harder at the same time. It is never a dull moment around here, with this CRAZY-ASS family.
Seriously, I don't know how I ever got anything done with my kids when they were infants.
I am soo "out of that zone" that I don't know my ass from my elbow. My mother-in-law has been helping out alot, but even between the two of us it is alot of work. It has taken a mental and physical toll on me. I find myself getting way too attached to the baby and trying to take it all on. I am forgetting that I have two sons of my own that need their mother. So, I really have to try to find the balance of making sure I take care of me, Nick, Thomas, Chris, Jason and Tyler. I have alot on my plate, I tend to take on too much and wind up burnt-out, bitter, angry and hurt.
So, I am hoping this week will be a little less stressful and I can find a way not to be so crazed. I really need to get back to writing posts, commenting, cleaning my house, doing all the undone projects around here, get back on track with my diet and everything else that comes along.
Friday, April 16, 2010
I don't know about you guys but I have had one hell of a week and nothing sounds better to me then veggin-out on my couch watching some GOOD movies. Blockbuster Express is running another special that makes it even better. I have been given a special code to pass on to my readers for a "Rent Two get the Third Free" The code to use is G14D2 but you need to act fast. This promotion is only good for Friday April 16th- Sunday April 18th.
My favorite part of using Blockbuster Express is that I can check BlockbusterExpress.com to see what movies are available in my kiosk, pick them out with my family, pay for them online then send my 17 year old son to pick them up. You can also sign up for the Newsletter and get information on all New Releases and coupons sent right to your email. You can also follow them on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook to get all the latest info.
So what are you waiting for?go check to see if you have a kiosk near you , pop some popcorn, veg-out and watch some great dvd's.(just like I'm going to do)
Don't forget to use the code G14D2, to get your "Rent 2 get 3rd Free" it expires Sunday April
18th at 11:59pm.
*Disclosure: I was given this code as a member of Collective Bias #CouchCritics*
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
I don't even feel like writing it all down, but I will do it for Lisa. She is the crazy one who runs this bloggy carnival/meme thing and if she can do it all with 6 monkeys running around, then sure-as-shit so can I. I did get everything done on my list from last week, except "the cleaning of my closet". I need to be in the right "mood" for that kind of big job. Hoping that hits me ASAP!!
So here we go..........
- Dinner menu (I spent tooo much money in the last couple of weeks, I'm gonna need some good recipes for 5 different ways to fix Ramen Noodle Soup)
- Return Recyclables (got bags and bags in the back of my son's truck, maybe if i get that done, we won't have to have ramen noodle soup one night)
- Go through my papers/magazines (they are taking over my coffee table)
- Wake for a classmate of my youngest son Thomas (very very sad story, he was diagnosed with leukemia a month ago, but wound up passing away from a staph infection)
- PTO Meeting (Wed night)
- Write my review post (oops still didn't get to that one either..... need to get my act together!)
- Hair cut for me (I'm way overdue, of course I had my son's get theirs first.... see I am a "good mom")
- Grandma Duties (my grandson is going to start coming over every Mon and Wed)
- Budget/pay bills
- Pack for my "girls weekend" with my mom and sister (WHOOO-TO-THE-FREAKIN-HOO I cannot wait, I NEED this trip BADLY)
- Need to compile a list of houses that my mom, sister and I are going to check out this weekend while in the Poconos. (we are planning on renting a house for our summer family vacation)
- Start buying Summer clothes for the boys (Thomas needs a whole new Summer wardrobe, damn gotta remember to stunt that kid's growth some how)
- Stay on diet (I swear this one is getting harder and harder to do.... not to mention we are already stock piling the boxes of wine for the weekend)
Don't forget to go check out Lisa over at Crazy Adventures in Parenting, if you want to get in on the To Tuesday Fun.
Monday, April 5, 2010
Last week I was focused and good with my eating and had lost about 2.8lbs, but I will confess I weighed myself before I went to Easter Brunch at my mom's house. (can't blame me.... I knew there were mimosas) Didn't weigh myself today, cuz I'm sure I gained the weight back.
This week is going to be insane, I've got alot on my plate and mind. I am going to try to stay on track as best I can. It will be beautiful out for most of the week, hoping to take my grandson for a nice long walk. God knows there is plenty of yard work to be done also.
I want to also mention that this week EA Sports Active is sponsoring our Mamavation Monday Blogging Carnival. I NEED one, I have the Wii and the Wii Fit but I hear all sorts of great things about the 30 Day Challenge. Go check them out and don't forget to catch the Mamavation Monday show tonight at 10pm EST on Mingle Media TV.
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Today is my husband's birthday, so I was running around all last minute like. Had to go to the grocery store, get a card, try to find a gift. Then came home and had the in laws over for dinner and cake.
So it's on to my list now....
- Finish the dinner menu for the rest of the week
- Finish getting Easter Basket stuff for my kids and grandson
- Drop off the two Easter Baskets we are donating to Thomas' school. (Wed.)
- Research and buy Mom's Birthday gift (Ipod/ITouch and docking station)
- Research online for summer rental houses in the Pocono's
- Review blog post (my first .... cross fingers and say a prayer for me) (thurs or fri)
- Budget/pay bills
- Stay on diet and support my Mamavation Sistas
- Clean out my closet and go through clothes (UGH)
- Get new baskets for bathroom stuff (hubby fixed the shelf that was leaning and now our old baskets are too big...... see be careful what you wish for!) I have looked everywhere, so I am going to go to Michael's and Marshalls on Wed. Wish me LUCK
Have a great week
Monday, March 29, 2010
I have been stressed and busy with so many other things that I put myself on the back burner once again.
Sitting here thinking that my 40th birthday is exactly 2 months away and about the promise I made to myself to lose 40lbs by my 40th. I am disappointed in myself. Not sure that is going to happen now, so far I have only lost about 10lbs. I don't know if it's possible for me to lose 30lbs in 2 months.? I will get as close to that goal as I possibly can! With my birthday fast approaching, I know what I want as a present..........a pair of Earth Footwear sneakers. I know these would help me out alot in burning calories, even by walking around the store! I am amazed that they are so affordable and look just like regular sneakers. (not like the other kinds, that are funky looking)
This week I will strive to eat well, get all my water in, get my butt back on Wii Fit and use my exercise bar/bands. I might need my Sistas to help me this week and call me out.
I feel so bad, I haven't even seen one of the new Mamavation Mom applications. (If you have applied and want me to check it out, leave me a comment with a link to your post.)
See you tonight at the Mamavation Show on Mingle Media TV
Sunday, March 28, 2010
This is my first whrrl story ever..... My photos are really
small because I used my cellphone camera. Thomas and I want to thank Walmart and Collective Bias for the opportunity. We had fun making the pinwheels that he plans on giving out on gifts when we see our family on Easter.
**Disclosure: I was given a gift card for creating this project**
Friday, March 26, 2010
The weekend is here....looking for something to do? Why not rent a movie from Blockbuster Express. It is easy and affordable, just $1.00 per night per movie. My kiosk is conveniently located in our local Big Y grocery store.
Just go to BlockbusterExpress.com, there is no membership to join. You can locate a kiosk near you, check out which movies are available, pay for it right there online and just pick it up. I love this idea, we can choose a movie as a family and we know it will be there for us when we get to the store.
Take tonight for instance, we picked out 2 movies Amored and Old Dogs, I paid for it online and sent my 17 year old son (with the card I used to purchase the movies) to the store to pick them up.
The movies will be due back by tomorrow night at 9pm. Can't get any easier for me! hahahaha
Just like everywhere else, New Releases are available on Tuesdays.
So go ahead, what are you waiting for? Oh wait, I was given the opportunity from Collective Bias to pass on a special promotional code to my readers for a Rent One Get One Free. (that is 2 movies for the low, low price of just $1.06.....you can't beat that!) Use promo code #395G13B at checkout but you have to hurry it is only good through 3/31/10.
Thanks and have a great weekend.
**Code is valid thru 3/31/2010. When you rent a movie at the regular price, you'll receive the first night's rental on a second movie FREE. Extra night charges and taxes apply. May not be combined with any other offer. Rental terms and conditions apply. Not valid at Blockbuster store locations.**
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
So here is this week's list, which I can tell ya right now I'm not "all about" doing or even writing.
- Dinner list for the week (I'm so sick of the same ol'- same ol')
- Clip all my coupons/Grocery-Shopping List (then actually go do it)
- Board of Education Meeting Wednesday night (that will be a snooze-fest)
- Clean out my coffee table and go through the papers/magazines (every damn week I gotta do this, never ends)
- Put together the Easter Baskets Thomas and I shopped for, to donate to needy kids at his school. (I normally donate to our local shelter/food bank, but this year I thought it would be nice to give to someone at the school)
- More decluttering (I did a closet last week, this week I wanna work on my laundry room)
- Plant my pansies in the window boxes in front of the house (bought them Sunday at Lowes)
- Mulch the gardens (only the ones in front of the house that I raked out on Sunday...the back yard still needs to be done, there is still probably a week's worth of cleaning ,raking, planting, mulching and painting that needs to be done outside *sigh*)
- Get my hair cut on Thursday
- Easter gifts/baskets for my boys (the grandbaby too)
- Stick to the diet (omg, I sucked so bad at this last week..not even funny)
- Blog stuff (I have been a bad-bad blogger lately...not really posting or commenting like I should)
- Budget/bill paying (SUCKY, SUCKY, SUCKY) That is all I gotta say about that one!
- Last but not least...WIN THE LOTTO (I am hoping that by writing it every week and putting it out there in the universe, that somehow it will happen eventually)
Have a great week!
Saturday, March 20, 2010
This is a pic of the PTO Bulletin Board at Thomas' school, he and I worked very hard on it Friday.
Not Sure I was ever so happy for the first day of Spring to be here. It was a particularly rough winter for me, mentally. The weather was the same as it always is here in Northwest Connecticut, so I can't really complain about that. I just need the warmer weather and sunshine, glad we got a taste of it this last week. Don't get me wrong, by mid August I will be bitching that it is so friggin hot and that I'm sick of having the air conditioning on. But for now I'm going to enjoy the Spring-like weather and try to catch the "spring-cleaning-bug"
Friday, March 19, 2010
Yesterday I received this virtual Hershey's Easter Basket from my very good friend Cheryl over at TheBudgeBunch.com. For every #BetterBasket post Hershey's will donate $10 to The Children's Miracle Network (up to $5,000). I think this is an awesome idea and Hershey's is awesome for doing this. It is a small way we can all help, so I am passing this basket onto some of my friends to insure that they donate the full $5,000.
Robin at MassHole Mommy
Angela at Fitting into Thirty
Kim at Mentally Inked
Lisa at Crazy Adventures in Parenting
HERSHEY’S BETTER BASKET BLOG HOP RULES
* Copy and paste these rules to your blog post.
* Create a blog post giving a virtual Easter Basket to another blogger – you can give as many Virtual Baskets as you want.
* Link back to person who gave you an Easter Basket.
* Let each person you are giving a Virtual Easter Basket know you have given them a Basket.
* Leave your link at BetterBasket.info/BlogHop comment section. You can also find the official rules of this #betterbasket blog hop, and more information about Better Basket with Hershey’s there.
* Hershey’s is donating $10 per each blog participating to the Better Basket Blog Hop to Children’s Miracle Network (up to total of $5,000 by blog posts written by April 4th, 2010).
* Please note that only one blog post by each blog url will count towards the donation.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Monday, March 15, 2010
Sooooooo, let's try this again....
- Steam clean carpets (it is supposed to be in the 50's and 60's this week)
- Grocery/Walmart lists (already cut coupons, just need to get rid of expired ones and file the new ones)
- Plan out dinners for the week (need to get back to this, I really did much better when I planned it all out, ya know for those 2 whole weeks??) such a slacker, not even funny!!
- Stay the freak on my diet (gotta get more of this weight off before my birthday...don't think it will be the 40lbs, but I still gotta try)
- Blog type stuff (got lots of ideas and need to just do them)
- Set up my Dell laptop (the Dell guy was here almost 2 weeks ago to fix it, new hardrive, new motherboard, new keyboard....ummmm probably would have been cheaper to mail me a new one. The stupid thing was only 6 or 7 months old!??) Whatever, not my problem, til the stupid-ass thing dies on me again!! ugh!
- Easter/Spring Decorations and Decor (need to open windows, badly)
- Declutter, Declutter, Declutter (that is similar to my Laundry , Laundry, Laundry) Seriously if I could back a dumpster up to my front door and get rid of 80% of the crap in this house, I WOULD.
- Do budget/bill paying (this job blows..... HATE IT)
Have a great week..
Tuesday was an extremely stressful day that I actually broke down and drank a few beers (ok, so maybe it was five)
My back is finally feeling better, Thank God....that was horrible. My constipation issues are gone too, THANKS BE TO GOD DOUBLE for that one!! I was absolutely shocked when I weighed myself yesterday morning and I had lost 3lbs.. yes, you heard me correctly I lost 3lbs. Personally, I think it was due to the fact I was literally "full of shit" for the last couple of weeks. hahahahaha But I don't care, I am taking it as a loss!!
Now, I really want to get caught up on my household chores and back on track with the eating, drinking and tracking. I also want to build my new exercise bar I got from HSN and get back on my Wii Fit.
I want to give a big shout-out to Lisa and Katie for the amazing job they have done in this campaign. I am super proud of them. See you tonight at the Mamavation Show on Mingle Media TV.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Shit has to get better soon, right? RIGHT? Stress has completely taken over my life and my "To Do List" just keeps getting longer and longer. I can't seem to ever catch a break... EVER. If it isn't something breaking or some freaking in-law drama (Holy-Hell, there is enough of that alone, to put me in the looney bin) But all this crap should really be saved for a post all on it's own.
It's back to my "To Do Tuesday List" ..... my back is still not feeling 100% , laundry is still all piled up. Ya know what, nothing on my list last week got done, except I did go to the Dr. but I went Wed instead of Thurs. cuz my back was so bad I couldn't wait another day.
(Total "To Do Tuesday" FAIL) Oh , and I did sign my son up for his SAT prep course that he starts tonight. (But I did that yesterday morning.... nothing like waiting til the last minute, right?) I will keep making my lists and trying to cross the stuff off as I go , all I can do is hope that the week will be better then the last (please God, please)
So, here we go again...........
- Laundry (but hubby first has to figure out what is going on with our drain)
- Shopping List / Coupons / Dinner Menu for the week
- Go through the Bills/Papers/Magazines on my coffee table
- Make hair cut appointments for me and the boys (I have to add "hair dye" to my shopping list....whoa, the grey hairs are all out!)
- Make dentist appointment for the boys
- Make an Gyn appointment for myself ( haven't gone in a long time, let's put it this way.... how old is my youngest son?)
- Stick to the diet/drink water (not booze)/try out my new Tony Little Exercise Bar I ordered from HSN last week. (when back feels better)
- Declutter something....(for heaven's sake even if i pick one drawer or cabinet!)
- WIN THE FREAKING LOTTO (hellloooooo, why did I never put this on the list before?)
Monday, March 8, 2010
I did receive my Tony Little Exercise Bar in the mail on Friday and was hoping to feel good enough this week to use it. We'll see....
By some sort of miracle I did lose 1lb.... not sure how the hell that happened, I literally sat on my fat ass all week long. I did get in loads and loads of water everyday, at least 90oz. I was a bit stir crazy by Friday, so Sat I went shopping and was fine. Sunday went to my mom's house for corned beef and cabbage dinner and the ride to NY (about an hour) killed me.
I just want to say how proud and grateful I am for all of my Sistas, I'm so glad that I joined and I feel like I have made some real connections and real friends. I think we all need to give a big round of applause to Lisa and Katie for all their hard work and doing it all in the spotlight.
*clap clap clap*
Well , all I can do is to just keep trying. Jeez, it seems like it is always "something" with me but I guess that is just life and we gotta keep chuggin along.
See you at the Mamavation Show tonight on Mingle Media Tv 10pm EST.
Saturday, March 6, 2010
"Back Pain All Week, NOT FUN"
"Happy To Be Going To Mom's"
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Do you think I need to get a manicure or what?
Would you look at those fat stubby fingers......
For more Wordless Wednesday posts go check out 5MinutesForMom.com
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
For now, the long story short is .....as of Saturday night I have a washing machine that seems to do it's job.
I also have had some major back pain for the last week, so I don't know how much around the house will actually get done. I do what I can , when I can. This weeks list is short and sweet:
- Laundry, Laundry, Laundry
- pay bills, budget list for the month of march
- shopping list/dinner list/clip coupons & throw out expired ones
- Dr's appointment on Thursday morning (we will discuss my blood work I had done and she is going to HAVE to give me something for my back....the Advil is starting to kill my stomach)
- stay focused on the goal of "losing 40lbs by my 40th birthday" / support my mamavation sistas. (not sure I will make that goal, but gotta keep trying)
- remember to take vitamins
- still need to do the research on colleges/scholarships/financial aid for my son.
Have a great week!!
Monday, March 1, 2010
My back has been killing me since last Monday, at first I thought it was due to constipation (sorry, I know TMI) I'm normally a very "regular" person, after a cup or two of coffee and I'm good to go. But as the week went on it just kept getting worse and worse. Now, I have had back issues since I was 15 years old and deal with it all the time, but this is different. Hopefully it is just some sort of spasms and will go away ASAP.
On an "exercise" note: yesterday I was channel surfing and stopped on HSN where Tony Little was demoing this exercise bar thing. I heard him say, "you can do this from your couch sitting in front of your tv." I can do that, ........works for me!! $44.95 free shipping and 2 flex pays , you say? So I ran for my wallet got out the debit card and ordered it.
Well I can't record any weight loss this week, not sure if it is due to the fact that I am possibly "full of shit" literally.
Have a great week.
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Cannot believe that my Nick is 17 years old today. Man, when I think back I was 22 years old and I was the first of my friends to have a baby. I have to admit, in High School I knew and so did everyone else that I would probably be the first to get married and have kids. Granted, I didn't do it in that order.....but "whatever" it was the 90's.
On Saturday Feb 27th at 7:30am my water broke and Nick wasn't born til 11:30am Sunday Feb. 28th. Yes, you counted correctly that is 28 hours of labor....horrible, painful labor. God, my crotch and back hurt just thinking about it now. I pushed for the last 4 hours, at the 24hr mark the dr told me we had to start pushing or I would have to have a C-section. He was 8lbs 8oz. Lets put it this way, I couldn't sit comfortably, walk and didn't even dare think of going #2 for almost a week after he was born. I even took pain killers and I don't normally do that at all.
Nick was a very good baby, from the day I brought him home he drank his bottle and slept for 4 or 5hrs straight. He woke up I changed his diaper, fed him his bottle and by the time the bottle was done he usually was back to sleep. I didn't know how lucky I was, and now that he is a teenager and is just as good as he was when he was baby, toddler and little boy, I KNOW how lucky I am. As a Junior in a Technical High School he takes Graphics and is in all Honor classes. The guidance counselor at school just told him he is in the top 20 of his class (10%).
We are preparing to take SAT's and talking about colleges, it is all surreal. Ok, Ok... I will stop gushing and bragging about my kid now.
" Love you "
Saturday, February 27, 2010
We were introduced through a mutual friend who funny enough isn't in the picture anymore! We instantly connected and don't know what I would do without her. She is always there to listen to my constant bitching (and you can ask her, I BITCH A LOT) I'm not always the easiest person, and she loves me anyway.
( But, I LOVE her way more)
We used to live less then 10mins away from each other, but about 5 years ago she moved about 50mins away and we don't get to see each other enough at all. Now that our kids are older, I really want us to get together more often.
(hear that cher? LoL)
She is also the reason I got into blogging....I had no freakin clue that this whole world even existed. So go check her out on Twitter @TheBudgeBunch or her blog TheBudgeBunch.com and wish her a Happy Birthday!
* Happy Birthday Cheryl *